Williamsburg Ghost Tours, Haunted Houses, Spooky Stories & Frightful Phantoms!
Boo! If that doesn’t scare you, then Williamsburg ghost tours just might! There are more haunted houses and taverns here than almost anywhere in the US, including what is considered to be the most haunted location on the East Coast. Bloody Revolutionary War battles, unsolved mortal crimes, and eternal broken hearts are among the causes of the many purported mysterious nocturnal visitations in the Colonial Williamsburg region.
The legend and folklore of haunted houses in Williamsburg VA are filled with stories of ghosts and spirits who seem to want to call Williamsburg home. Get a close up look at what was really scary in Colonial Williamsburg, including gritty details of crime and punishment in Colonial America, a close up look at “Williamsburg’s Most Wanted”, and tales of piracy. You can even be present for the dramatized inquiry into the activities of one Grace Sherwood, a Williamsburg resident charged with witchcraft in 1706.
Williamsburg ghost tours offer a fun and spooky glimpse into the realm of the spirits and specters said to frequent the homes of Williamsburg:
• Join a haunted candlelight tour or a Witches Brew Lunch at Edgewood Plantation, where the ghost of Lizzie Rowland is said to still be awaiting her lover’s return from the war.
• Take a ghost tour of Colonial Williamsburg. The Governor’s Mansion, Governors Palace Green, the Ironbound Road Rec Center and various locations at the College of Williams and Mary are all said to have their very own ghosts.
There are countless locations in Williamsburg that are said to be haunted:
- The Peyton Randolph House is considered to be one of the most haunted locations on the East coast, and the location of many reported sightings and unexplained activities. Visitors and employees have experienced mysterious knocking, footsteps, turning doorknobs, and the sound of a child’s laughter.
• Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream offers scary fun for kids, with more than 15 frightening scare zones, haunted attractions, and Halloween-themed shows.
• James River Plantation Ghost Feast Tour with ghost stories of many haunted houses in Williamsburg VA, graveside readings, and more.
Autumn in Williamsburg, VA also puts gorgeous fall colors on display, along with hay rides, hot cider, and pumpkins galore! In addition to the fun and “spirited” antics of Williamsburg ghost tours, you’ll find something for everyone in the Historic Triangle: delightfully scary haunted hayrides, family-fun fall harvest festivals, farmers markets, and antique shows.
Visit Williamsburg |
Living in Williamsburg |
Conventions & Meetings |
Move to Williamsburg | Christmas
Full-Service Internet Marketing: Website Design, Development & Optimization by Mannix Marketing, Inc.
FOR ADVERTISING INFORMATION ONLY: Phone: 757-565-5983 Fax: 757-565-2983 Email: Mannix Marketing
All Rights Reserved ï¿½ 2003 - 2017, Copyright Mannix Marketing, Inc.