Located in the heart of Charles City, VA, Edgewood Plantation is a historic and elegant bed & breakfast from the Victiorian era. The site features a variety of decorated rooms that will make you feel like you've stepped back in time.
Built circa 1849, Edgewood Plantation is not only one of Virginia's most recognizable landmarks, but the estate is home to a truly unique bed & breakfast. The stunning interior of the home is full of history and beauty that must be experienced.
8 Enchanting Rooms
The bed & breakfast offers six rooms in the main house and two in the former slave's quarters. Each one is decorated with a Victorian era style and has its own story to tell. Some tell a story of love, and others a story of hope and pride from the period they were built.
- Victoria's Room - Features a collection of period clothing, fireplace, 1840 bed with antique linens, private bath with stained-glass French doors
- Sarah's Room - Features a 1790 Virginia tobacco-carved queen canopy bed, working fireplace, private bath
- Prissy's Quarters - Features a rose-covered, vine-canopied bed, a sitting room, kitchen area, bathroom
- Dolly's Room - Features a queen-size 1820 four-poster bed, intimate sitting area, private bathroom with jacuzzi
- Scarlett's Room - Features two full-size iron and brass beds, iron baby bed/sofa
- Melanie's Room - Features two full-size Victorian beds, wicker baby carriage and sofa, full bath
- Lizzie's Room - Features a decorated bedroom and a ghost! (legend says Elizabeth Lizzie Rowland from the Civil War period haunts the room)
- Jeb Stuart's Room - Features an 1818 queen canopy bed with swinging headboard, working fireplace, private bath
The house now has free wi-fi, and the prices of the rooms vary and can be found on their website.
Entertainment & Activities
The estate is more than just a bed & breakfast! Throughout the year, Edgewood Plantation hosts a variety of special events as well as public and private tours of the property. You can enjoy reenactments, ghost tours, candelight dinners, portrait opportunities, massages, Victorian tea parties, and more.
In addition, the property is located along the Virginia Capital Trail, which is a long and scenic bike and pedestrian trail that travels from Richmond to Williamsburg. The owners of the estate welcome bicyclists to stay for the night, pitch a tent on the grounds, take a break on the porch, or just relax.
Whether you're planning on exploring the area or want to go on a romantic getaway, Edgewood is the perfect place for you.