Virginia Beach VA: A Great Day Trip from Williamsburg!
Virginia Beach is one of several short day trips from Williamsburg. Just over an hour's drive brings you to nearly thirty miles of clean, sandy beach! The sight and sounds of the rolling surf, kids shrieking with delight, and music wafting in from the boardwalk… The smell of sunscreen and salt water, and the gentle ocean breezes are all sure signs that you're definitely in the right place!
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean for three miles. Visitors can take an easy stroll at any time of day, watching the joggers and people on rollerblades, and contemplate great restaurants, shopping, and vendors of all kinds. Try something totally different, and take in the sights on the boardwalk from a rented multi-person bike that holds two, four or six people at a time! (Yes, we said six people!) For the ultimate in relaxation, stretch out under an umbrella on the sand with a good book and a cool drink.
Virginia Beach is all about water fun…surfers can catch an early morning wave where amateurs and seasoned professionals all love to play! Jet skis are highly popular as well, providing endless miles of ocean thrills. Parasailing, boat, and kayak rentals afford opportunities for even the inexperienced ocean-goer to explore their adventurous side.
Pick your pastime! If golf is your game, the challenging courses here are an intriguing blend of natural terrain and beautifully maintained greens. Balmy breezes, gorgeous views and championship courses make your day on the links one to remember! The Contemporary Art Center has exhibitions featuring all types of visual media from regional, national, and internationally known artists. Area parks offer miles of trails suitable for walking, biking or hiking, and sightseeing trips off the coast are a superb way to spend the day.
The whole family can get in on the act if fishing is your passion! Not only does the Chesapeake Bay offers some of the finest angling anywhere, but pier fishing is free and requires no license. Striped bass, trout, flounder, blue fish, mackerel...smiles are 100% guaranteed whether you cast a line from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel pier or charter a boat for an offshore excursion!
There's no need to worry about keeping the kids happy, either…there are loads of activities and attractions for kids of all ages:
- Mount Trashmore Skate Park: A new facility with 24,000 square feet of excitement for skateboarders, inline skaters, and BMX bikers!
- Kids can't get enough of the Virginia Marine Science Museum! In addition to a huge aquarium and hands-on exhibits, there is a sea turtle aquarium, jellyfish and octopus aquariums
- Virginia Air and Space Center: Kids are encouraged to reach for the stars and let their Imagination and inspiration run wild! They can launch a rocket, fly an airplane, control air traffic view a 3D IMAX film. And much, much more…
- Ocean Breeze water park: The only waterpark in Virginia Beach, just 1.5 miles from the beach.
- Motorworld: Fun for the whole family, with eight tracks, karts, mini-golf, and batting cages.
Come visit Virginia Beach - this easy day trip from Williamsburg promises sun, fun and adventure!